The environment that you live in makes a tremendous difference in how you feel and in your perspective of the world around you. For seniors who spend the majority of their lives in their homes, dull or dated decor can sap their energy and increase feelings of depression, isolation and stress. Home care services companions can help overcome these effects by helping your aging loved one redecorate and refresh her home.
While it might seem like a strange concept to relate home decoration to senior care, the impact of a living environment on quality of life is serious enough to make this link strong and recognizable. Consider how you feel when your home is cluttered or the paint and art in your home seems dull. If you are like most people, these factors can make you uncomfortable and suppress your mood. With the help of an in home care provider, your aging loved one can revamp her home and enjoy a brighter, fresher perspective on life.
Some of the simple ways that home care services can help your aging loved one refresh the decoration of her home include:
- Selection of new paint colors and the arrangement for professional painters to refresh the interior of the home
- Purchasing of slipcovers to brighten up the appearance of old furniture
- Addition of throw pillows and other details to add color and dimension
- Selection of picture frames and help choosing family photos that should be displayed
- Selection of new lamps and creative light sources to increase visibility and decrease heavy shadows or dullness that can make the home look dirty or uninviting.
Discuss with your aging loved one’s home care services companion any plans that your loved one has for redecorating her home and find out if there are ways that you can help with the projects. This is a great opportunity for you to bond with your loved one and create some fun and even humorous memories while you work together to give your loved one a brighter and happier home environment and, through it, a higher quality of life.
If you or someone you know needs help with home care services in East Grand Rapids, MI contact the caregivers at Gauthier Family Home Care. We provide quality and affordable home care for many disabled and elderly loved ones in our community. Call us at (616) 658-2300 for more information.
- What Does Walking Do for Your Senior? - July 8, 2020
- Is Your Senior More at Risk of Choking than You Realize? - June 29, 2020
- What Skills Should You Be Looking for When Hiring Home Care for Your Parents? - June 24, 2020